Don't Stop Believing



I love this "Don't Stop Believing"cover, probably a couple months ago I would hate this because I would tell myself I'm not supposed to like this. I'm a straight 27 year old man, and this kind of reminds me of Barney and Friends.

As I watched this repeatedly, I felt no judgement. I didn't think about the plausibility of a wheel chair guitar player. I think about the plausibility of the singular act of a rendition of Dont Stop Believing, echoing throughout the segreted halls of Glee High (I don't know the name of the school), that manage to bring the different clicks together to stare into the air, looking at no particular object with a sense of hope like a Barrack Obama poster.

I think it's growing older that makes us more tolerant, but the last time I checked FOX news, there are plenty of angry old white men.

Or does this enlightenment come from a proper dosage of X pills. A correct amount, just enough to dissolve the animal part of the brain that was made to care about petty trivialities that create a void between peoples ( If we could ever dive into the minds of Dogs, we would hear all kinds of insensitive, bigoted hate speech towards cats).

Perhaps it is getting older, but in a more metaphysical sense, I can feel my atoms dusting off my body. Evaporating off me like hot steam when coming out of a long shower. The atoms catch wind, floating away from me like dandelion seeds, I can feel the crumbling wall between myself and the world.


2 comments:

  1. I know your post is about growing older and this is semi off topic, but here goes anyway....

    I don't know why it is "Don't Stop Believing" drives me bonkers. I really hate this song and don't know why because it seems to drive everyone wild when I'm in a bar.

    By the way, my brother made me watch this recorded part of the episode. He is also touched by and I think he's straight :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post! and there's nothing wrong with liking a Glee cover.. I love them all, especially Dancing With Myself. :)

    ReplyDelete